Holiday 2012: Black Friday channel and mobile results
- Amazon has acceleratedsome from Thanksgiving, going from ~35% to 38% y/y growth.
- eBay has also accelerated up from 26.6% to 30.5% - eBay is growing substantially faster than last year.
- CSE continues to do very well growing at 4.5% on Black Friday - largely driven by the new Google Shopping system.
- Search was down about 10% y/y largely due to the cannibalism from Google Shopping.
- Mobile was down slightly from Thanksgiving - from ~37% to 32.4%, largely in the smartphone category. This makes sense as most stores were closed on Thanksgiving so people were shopping online more via their mobile devices.
- Y/Y for Black Friday, Mobile was up a whopping 12.6% in share bringing it to 32.4% - with big gains for both tablet and smartphone.
- Sunday, November 25 (Cyber Sunday)- We'll be sharing Cyber Saturday results
- Monday, November 26 (Cyber Monday)- We'll be releasing Cyber Sunday results and have an early read on Cyber Monday with updates throughout the day.
- Tuesday, November 27 - We'll be reporting complete Cyber Monday and Cyber Five updates
- Thursday, December 6 - We'll release complete November SSS results with added color
- Friday, December 7 – We’ll take a look at the first week of December and Holiday YTD
- Friday, December 14 – We’ll check in on the second week of December and Holiday YTD
- Friday, December 21- We’ll see how things are looking during the third week of December
- Monday, January 7, 2013- We’ll share December 2012 SSS and Holiday Wrap Up
This blog post was written by Scot Wingo, CEO, ChannelAdvisor. I am long Amazon and Google. eBay is an investor in ChannelAdvisor.