Holiday 2012: Day 4 of Cyber Five - Cyber Sunday Results
- Overall - The fourth column, Cyber Sunday, is the new data today and the fifth column is provided for comparison purposes. The big story continues to be mobile coming in over 30% share-wise consistently through the holiday so far. Cyber Sunday was the lowest mobile day with smart phones as the primary source of weakness there.
- Amazon was a little sluggish coming in at 32.6%. Amazon historically has aggressive Cyber Monday promotions (a great Kindle deal is rumored!) and I imagine that consumers are waiting for today to pull the trigger on their Amazon purchases.
- eBay had the strongest day of the holiday so far coming in at 39% which was the first time they came in above Amazon's growth rate.
- CSE was also down from Saturday, again I think that consumers are probably waiting for the big sales today
- Search was also down from Saturday for the same reasons.
- Tuesday, November 27 - We'll be reporting complete Cyber Monday and Cyber Five updates
- Thursday, December 6 - We'll release complete November SSS results with added color
- Friday, December 7 – We’ll take a look at the first week of December and Holiday YTD
- Friday, December 14 – We’ll check in on the second week of December and Holiday YTD
- Friday, December 21- We’ll see how things are looking during the third week of December
- Monday, January 7, 2013- We’ll share December 2012 SSS and Holiday Wrap Up
This blog post was written by Scot Wingo, CEO, ChannelAdvisor. I am long Amazon and Google. eBay is an investor in ChannelAdvisor.